The First Subluxation
The birth process may be the cause of our first subluxation . Forceps and vacuum type devices used in birthing can cause extreme trauma to an infant's spine. Even "natural" childbirth methods can affect an infant's spine. Studies suggest that colic, poor appetite, ear infections or erratic sleeping habits can all be signs of subluxation. Relax. Newborn adjustments are gentle. As a rule, no more pressure than you'd use to test the ripeness of a tomato is involved.
Learning to walk, ride a bike or play sports can produce subluxations. Many times these subluxations are written off as growing pains. Ignored, these problems may worsen until they can become more difficult to correct as an adult.
Get your Child (or Children) Checked
How can you find out if your child has a subluxation? The only way to know is to bring them in and get them checked. Only Doctors of Chiropractic are trained to locate and correct subluxations. If a subluxation were limiting your child's health potential, wouldn't you want to know about it? If money is holding you back, we have affordable family care plans that can fit any budget. But then again, our children should come first as far as health care goes, shouldn't they?
- ICPA4KIDS Research - Children's Chiropractic Research Foundation
- ICPA4KIDS - International Chiropractic Pediatric Association for Kids
- Chiropediatrics - Chiropractic Pediatrics and Children's Wellness
- Backpack Safety - Your internet resource for backpack safety
- ThinkTwice Global Vaccine Institute - Offering an extensive selection of uncensored information on childhood shots and other immunizations.
- Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective? - A Parent's Guide to Childhood Shots (Neil Z. Miller)